Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Choose Parker, Shelton & Associates for Your Home Insurance Needs
Think about how much you paid for your home when you bought it. It was probably the most thoughtful and expensive purchases you have ever made. You will want to make sure that you do not ever have to face the prospect of losing it. That is why you will want homeowners insurance. It protects your home and property from unexpected losses, and can be a great benefit in challenging situations.
Homeowners insurance acts as a promise to property owners that they will not have to go it alone when costly, even devastating challenges affect their household. Instead of being unable cover the costs of recovery, you can instead rely on your homeowners insurance to help you meet the challenge.
Your home and belongings are significant financial investments. The right home insurance coverage can help protect these important assets if you suffer losses or damages from a covered event.
Still, you are going to want to dig into the details of your various policy options to find the proper coverage for your unique property. That might seem challenging, but with the expert guidance of the Parker, Shelton & Associates agency team, you will be able to construct an optimized policy. We have more than 30 years of experience in the industry, and we strive to offer quality, customized homeowners coverage for all Virginia and North Carolina residents.
If you’re curious to learn more about homeowners coverage, just keep reading. Or, if you are ready to get your own policy, then call us at (540) 381-6358 or request your free quote now.
Common Home Insurance Questions:
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance offers financial protection against losses caused by disasters, theft and accidents. Homeowners coverage is a package policy since it includes both home protection and liability coverage.
Policies typically include the following four essential coverages:
Should I Buy Additional Insurance?
- Coverage for your property’s structure can help pay to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged or destroyed by fire, hail, lightning or other disaster listed in your policy. Damage caused by a flood, earthquake or routine wear and tear will generally not be covered.
- Coverage for personal belongings can help pay for furniture, clothing, sports equipment and other personal items stolen or destroyed by covered events. Expensive items such as jewelry, furs and silver may also be covered, although policy limits may apply. A personal property endorsement or floater can help insure these items for their appraised value.
- Liability protection can help cover the costs of medical bills and lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or your family members cause to other people. It may also pay for damage caused by pets. The liability portion of your policy may also help pay your court costs and any awards up to your policy’s limit. An additional umbrella or excess liability policy can provide broader coverage, including claims for libel and slander.
- Additional living expenses (ALE) can help pay your living costs if you need to live elsewhere following a fire, storm or another covered disaster. ALE coverage may pay hotel bills, restaurant meals and other living expenses while your home is being repaired.
Your home could potentially sustain damages from incidents not included in standard homeowners insurance policies, such as:
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
- Floods or earthquakes are not typically included in standard homeowners policies, but residents living in certain areas or conditions may find particular benefit from adding coverage for these events.
- Expensive belongings or high-risk items—such as swimming pools or trampolines—may make it prudent to acquire additional coverage for termite and insect damage, rodents or mold.
Virginia state law does not require you to have homeowners insurance. However, your mortgage lender may require you to have coverage before agreeing to finance your house. Aside from lender requirements, adequate home insurance can help protect you financially in the event of an accident or disaster. Without home insurance, you could be left footing the bill for costly damages.
Protect Your Livelihood
Parker, Shelton & Associates Inc. can help you with your homeowners insurance and any supplemental coverages. Call 540-381-6358 to speak with one of our Virginia representatives.